What Is AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)?
On October 2015, Google announced its new Accelerated Mobile Pages project that aims at providing a faster mobile browsing and mobile consumption through its search engine by developing a new open sourced type of HTML, called the AMP HTML. AMP is a way to build web pages for static content that render fast on mobile.
AMP in action working with three different parts:
AMP HTML is HTML with some unique tags for reliable performance and some extensions for building rich AMP HTML content. AMP HTML is AMP properties and attributes.
The AMP JS library ensures the fast rendering of AMP HTML pages. The AMP JS library implements all of AMP’s best performance practices, manages loading time and gives you the custom tags to ensure a fast rendering of your page.
The Google AMP Cache is a proxy-based content delivery network for delivering all valid AMP documents. It fetches AMP HTML pages, caches them, and improves page performance automatically. When using the Google AMP Cache, the document, all JS files and all images load from the same origin that is using HTTP 2.0 for maximum efficiency.
Features of AMP :
- Allow only asynchronous scripts
- Size all resources statically
- External resources such as images, ads or iframes must state their size in the HTML so that AMP can determine each element’s size and position before resources are downloaded.
- All CSS must be inline and size-bound
- Font triggering must be efficient
- Google AMP affect SEO
- Minimize style recalculations
Benefits of AMP :
- Faster loading page for mobile users
- Improved search engine ranking of web application
- Increased visibility for Publishers
- Support for Ads
- AMP Visitor Analytics
Supported Browsers :
Latest versions of major browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Opera. Amp support desktop, phone, tablet and the web view version of these respective browsers.
Hot to validate AMP HTML?
1. Browser Developer Console.
The AMP Validator comes bundled with the AMP JS library, so it is available on every AMP page out of the box. To validate:
- Open your page in your browser.
- Add “#development=1” to the URL, for example, http://localhost:8000/released.amp.html#development=1.
- Open the Chrome DevTools consoleand check for validation errors.
2. Web Interface
The AMP Validator can be used as a web interface at validator.ampproject.org. It is give the error line by line and good debugging interface to make html as per AMP rules.
All you need to do in order to successfully integrate AMP pages into your WordPress website is:
- Get familiar with the basics of the AMP Project syntax and flow.
- Install the AMP plugin or Custom AMP plugin and configure the style of your AMP pages as per your requirement.
- Set up Facebook Instant Articles and Google AMP Pages to make your AMP pages discoverable by Google.
- To check AMP version of your blog just add /amp end of the url for example: http://localhost:8000/released.html/amp
At XcelTec, we have team of expert developers who can create AMP version of your website which is compatible with all the mobiles with AMP standards.